January 4, 2011
My leaders took us to a train station and we split up into groups. Spreading out, we began to evangelize to the people coming and going on the train. My team got to talk to 3 Hindu teenagers; they were so sweet! I told them I loved their punjavis (that's their Indian outfits) and they told us we had beautiful eyes.
We asked them why they believed what they believed. They gave their answers then asked us the same question. We told them and I got to share my testimony.
I remember asking, "Do you have a relationship with your gods?"
They looked very surprised, "No! No, we don't!"
I shared with them, telling them how Jesus loves each and every one of us and He wants to have a relationship with us. He's not waiting for us to mess up, but He wants to help us and see how we are doing. It was great, the girls received it well.... I hope to see them again someday...
After we went shopping for our Indian outfits. The shopping was kinda stressful, but we ended up getting these beautiful outfits and we couldn't wait to try them on! I noticed that everyone was staring at us and I knew it was because were were foreigners.
Most of us were white and stand out like a sore thumb. Indian men are very attracted to foreign women. Usually when they see us, they think we're like the white women in Hollywood movies... In other words, easy to get. So they stare at us, unashamed, and trying to get our attention, because they want to sleep with us. Not cool. Lol Throughout the trip they've made noises, trying to get our attention, they've called out to us in Hindi, and other gestures. It was a real culture shock for us.
Our leader, Chris, is from India and encouraged us, telling us that when we wear their clothes instead of our shorts and tank tops, we show we respect the culture. When we reject the men instead of encouraging them, we tell them we are Christians, we are not like the women in Hollywood.
"That alone is ministry." Chris said. "That alone tells them we are Christians."
That encouraged me and we continued on...
My leaders took us to a train station and we split up into groups. Spreading out, we began to evangelize to the people coming and going on the train. My team got to talk to 3 Hindu teenagers; they were so sweet! I told them I loved their punjavis (that's their Indian outfits) and they told us we had beautiful eyes.
We asked them why they believed what they believed. They gave their answers then asked us the same question. We told them and I got to share my testimony.
They looked very surprised, "No! No, we don't!"
I shared with them, telling them how Jesus loves each and every one of us and He wants to have a relationship with us. He's not waiting for us to mess up, but He wants to help us and see how we are doing. It was great, the girls received it well.... I hope to see them again someday...
After we went shopping for our Indian outfits. The shopping was kinda stressful, but we ended up getting these beautiful outfits and we couldn't wait to try them on! I noticed that everyone was staring at us and I knew it was because were were foreigners.
Most of us were white and stand out like a sore thumb. Indian men are very attracted to foreign women. Usually when they see us, they think we're like the white women in Hollywood movies... In other words, easy to get. So they stare at us, unashamed, and trying to get our attention, because they want to sleep with us. Not cool. Lol Throughout the trip they've made noises, trying to get our attention, they've called out to us in Hindi, and other gestures. It was a real culture shock for us.
Our leader, Chris, is from India and encouraged us, telling us that when we wear their clothes instead of our shorts and tank tops, we show we respect the culture. When we reject the men instead of encouraging them, we tell them we are Christians, we are not like the women in Hollywood.
"That alone is ministry." Chris said. "That alone tells them we are Christians."
That encouraged me and we continued on...
No comments:
Post a Comment