December 31, 2010
As we arrived at the airport for India, our flight delayed by an hour, apparently the plane's side panel had fallen off! So they fixed it and we flew to New York City! There were were stranded there for over 8 hours! So, I thought it would be fun to take the kids in our team up and down the escalators... Unfortunately after the dozenth round, security came and told us to stop. Well, it was fun while it lasted lol!
After the wait, we flew to Arab of Emirates (I hear it's the richest country in the world!). The flight was about a dozen hours long; halfway through the flight the morning sun rose, but suddenly the sky went dark like night! Apparently it's because of the time difference and we had left the sun's light! Amazing! Also, we left December 31, 2010, but we were to arrive in India January 2, 2011! Because of the time differences, we technically skipped a day and never got to celebrate first day of 2011!
On the way to Arab of Emirates, I got to sit next to a Muslim woman and her two children; her name was Rusia. She was very nice; she told me she was heading to India to be a teacher in a mosque! I felt bad for her because her baby wouldn't stop screaming and the poor flustered mother couldn't do anything about it.
"I'm so sorry!" She told me.
"Don't worry." I smiled. "I've babysat children worse than him!"
She sighed, "Really?"
"Ya!" But I thought to myself, "I didn't have to sit with them for 12 hours though." lol!
Out of the dozen hours of flying, the baby screamed over half of it, so sleeping wasn't really an option
I tried to stay optimist, and tried to cheer him up. I even got to hold him, he was cute!
So the two of us started sharing our beliefs. Rusia told me about Allah and I told her about Jesus. In the end I encouraged her, and challenged her to ask Jesus to reveal Himself to her, and she would know that He is the answer to everything. She promised me she would... I haven't seen her since...
When we arrived in Arab of Emirates, we flew for 4 hours to Hyderabad, India. It was around 2 in the morning when we settled in the base. We were so glad to finally be in India... However, because of the time difference, our bodies were telling us to sleep in the day... Jet Lag... Because I hardly got any sleep during the trip, I was exhausted and dreamed every time I blinked.
We had to attend church, but I couldn't remember what the sermon was about because I was nodding off every other sentence he said lol! But we finally made it! We had finally arrived in India! We were all grateful to sleep that night, we instantly fell into slumber. So far, the trip was tough, but promising...
As we arrived at the airport for India, our flight delayed by an hour, apparently the plane's side panel had fallen off! So they fixed it and we flew to New York City! There were were stranded there for over 8 hours! So, I thought it would be fun to take the kids in our team up and down the escalators... Unfortunately after the dozenth round, security came and told us to stop. Well, it was fun while it lasted lol!
After the wait, we flew to Arab of Emirates (I hear it's the richest country in the world!). The flight was about a dozen hours long; halfway through the flight the morning sun rose, but suddenly the sky went dark like night! Apparently it's because of the time difference and we had left the sun's light! Amazing! Also, we left December 31, 2010, but we were to arrive in India January 2, 2011! Because of the time differences, we technically skipped a day and never got to celebrate first day of 2011!
The wing of our giant plane!
"I'm so sorry!" She told me.
"Don't worry." I smiled. "I've babysat children worse than him!"
She sighed, "Really?"
"Ya!" But I thought to myself, "I didn't have to sit with them for 12 hours though." lol!
Out of the dozen hours of flying, the baby screamed over half of it, so sleeping wasn't really an option
I tried to stay optimist, and tried to cheer him up. I even got to hold him, he was cute!
So the two of us started sharing our beliefs. Rusia told me about Allah and I told her about Jesus. In the end I encouraged her, and challenged her to ask Jesus to reveal Himself to her, and she would know that He is the answer to everything. She promised me she would... I haven't seen her since...
When we arrived in Arab of Emirates, we flew for 4 hours to Hyderabad, India. It was around 2 in the morning when we settled in the base. We were so glad to finally be in India... However, because of the time difference, our bodies were telling us to sleep in the day... Jet Lag... Because I hardly got any sleep during the trip, I was exhausted and dreamed every time I blinked.
We had to attend church, but I couldn't remember what the sermon was about because I was nodding off every other sentence he said lol! But we finally made it! We had finally arrived in India! We were all grateful to sleep that night, we instantly fell into slumber. So far, the trip was tough, but promising...
No comments:
Post a Comment