Sunday, July 8, 2012

Going to Jaipur

January 4, 2011

After overcoming Jet Lag, we packed up and headed for Jaipur, India. As we waited at the airport, there was an Indian Pizza Hut and my friends urged me to try the pizza. "It's like chewing on an angel!" They insisted. So I ate some. It was definitely delicious, but it gave me a stomach ache after. "Now that was a fallen angel there!" I groaned. LOL!

When we climbed aboard the plane and started flying, I fell asleep. As I did, my knee stuck out in the aisle. The flight attendant accidentally hit it with the snack bar. I jerked awake, making my cup of water explode onto my knees. The lady started freaking out and apologizing. I thought was funny and told her it was fine.

When we arrived in Jaipur and settled in our new base I got a top bunk. Unfortunately (long story short lol) I rolled off my bed and fell to the cement floor. My impact to the floor was so loud, my friends from the other room heard me. I ended up getting this giant purple and blue bruise on my leg that was almost a foot long! I'm just glad I didn't hit my head, that would have been bad; I don't know if it was from reflexes or work of an angel, but I remember moving my head last second so I didn't smash it on the floor...
                 
So let's just say it had been a rough day lol! However, I stayed optimist and thanked God that all those things that were considered bad turned out to be something comical. It's all how we look at it. 
God told me, "I am so proud of you. You persevered even though it was tough. I love you, keep going! Remember Mark 11:24!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment