December 29, 2010
It was cold in North Carolina as I packed my bags... I was preparing to go on a missions trip; my program, "Youth With A Mission" (YWAM), was taking us to India. There we were to reach out to orphanages, AIDS clinics, brothels, and schools there for two months. The only time I cried was when my dad prayed for me. He had brought his friends, on fire for God, to pray for me and affirm me.
When they were done, one named Bob told me, "Kate, God wants me to let you know that you are going to go through a rough time."
"Rough time?" I nervously asked. "Like what?"
"I don't know." He responded. "But God wants you to know that you are meant to be there. Make sure you spend time with Him- if nothing else, just to stay sane."
So as I left to join my team, I kept his words close to my heart... I was anxious about the future, I was scared of the word Bob had given me... But I knew that I was doing the right thing, and I trusted that God would be with me and my team...
It was cold in North Carolina as I packed my bags... I was preparing to go on a missions trip; my program, "Youth With A Mission" (YWAM), was taking us to India. There we were to reach out to orphanages, AIDS clinics, brothels, and schools there for two months. The only time I cried was when my dad prayed for me. He had brought his friends, on fire for God, to pray for me and affirm me.
When they were done, one named Bob told me, "Kate, God wants me to let you know that you are going to go through a rough time."
"Rough time?" I nervously asked. "Like what?"
"I don't know." He responded. "But God wants you to know that you are meant to be there. Make sure you spend time with Him- if nothing else, just to stay sane."
So as I left to join my team, I kept his words close to my heart... I was anxious about the future, I was scared of the word Bob had given me... But I knew that I was doing the right thing, and I trusted that God would be with me and my team...
Me at the airport
No comments:
Post a Comment